Yesterday was "Making A Difference Monday" on the radio station that we listen to. Emily told me that it was great that I had made an appointment for her after school on that day since she was making a difference. However, she almost backed out. When I picked her up from school, she said she had changed her mind and didn't want to do it after all. At first, I told her it was too late to cancel because the appointment was in an hour, but once we got home, I talked to her about why she was thinking of changing her mind. She said that she didn't know how she would style it so I gave her some options of barrettes and headbands. After that, she said she would go ahead and do it. We took a picture to remember how it looked before the cut:

Once the cut was initially made, she told me later that she wasn't sure if she was going to like it. After she got it washed, trimmed, and styled, she said that she knew then that she loved it! She got 10 inches cut off which is the minimum length requirement for donating the hair. Here's what she looks like now:

She spent a long time last night and this morning before school primping in front of the mirror. She asked me if the boys would still like her with short hair. She tried it out with the different barrettes and headbands. She was excited to go to school and show everyone since she had only told a couple of people about it. She keeps saying how much she loves it so I'm glad that she got it done. It will always grow back and it was for a great cause.

It looks super cute! And it's great that she also donated her hair to a great cause.
ReplyDeleteVery cute! I'm glad she loves it!
ReplyDelete