Once we were on the road again, the girls had another great day! We traveled another 8 hours stopping a couple of times to see the sites. Our first stop was to the World's Only Corn Palace. It is outlined with corn inside and out. There was a huge shopping area inside and I got a couple of books on Laura Ingalls Wilder there.

On our way out, we saw this old-fashioned ice cream parlor there and stopped to get ice cream. Emily and Eliana had homemade waffle cones. Andy got a malt with extra malt. I got an amaretto italian soda with ice cream in it. They were really good and hit the spot with it being so muggy outside.

Our next stop was to see one of the spots where Lewis and Clarke discovered this area. The exhibit was closed, but the view was incredible overlooking the Missouri river with trees and hills.

Our last stop was only 10 minutes from the hotel so we checked in and went to look for some food. That was a big mistake. The girls were tired and hungry which did not make for a very good time while we were waiting to be seated, especially Sarah. The buffalo burger that I had was really good though. Andy had some lemon cheesecake which was featured in a magazine.
Back at our hotel, I had a hard time getting the girls to settle down. I guess they were all wound up from sitting for so long today. They are finally asleep now and will hopefully be able to sleep in a little bit. We are still leaving early tomorrow morning, but not as early as today. They haven't been sleeping any more than normal while riding in the van. The Badlands are on the agenda for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing them in person after Andy showed me a picture last week. More tomorrow...

you are two brave people! Hope all continues to go well on your trip :0) It does sound like a fabulous trip & you all are seeing so much! WAY Cool!!
ReplyDelete