Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Events

We have been busy with several summer outings. I've taken pictures of a few of them so I thought I'd post a few:

Memphis Zoo last week:





I'm not sure why Eliana didn't want to smile...maybe because it was 95 degrees outside with no wind. I was ready to go after an hour, but we stayed a little longer and the girls played in the fountain to cool off.

Fourth of July Celebration:



This was the first year Eliana wore ear plugs at the fireworks show. I don't know why we didn't think of them in the past. She really enjoyed seeing the show instead of screaming and covering her ears because they were too loud. I'm glad that she was able to have fun this year.

Here's Sarah trying out her glow stick as a head decoration:




Other news:

Eliana has finally quit sucking her thumb! We put duct tape on her thumbs for a week and she hasn't put them in her mouth since. We are so proud of her for breaking the habit! As a reward, I took her and Sarah to Chuck E. Cheese today. They had a fun time with all of the rides. I don't think Sarah had ever been there before so it was neat to see her reaction to everything. Chuck E. came out a couple of times in his costume so the girls got to see him up close and say hi. We were there for 3 hours and both girls fell asleep on the way home.

Emily and Andy went to Orlando this morning to see the final space shuttle take off. Eliana was invited, but declined due to the potential noise factor during take off. The actual launch isn't until tomorrow so they visited "Ripley's Believe It or Not" today. It sounded like they had a lot of fun seeing all of the crazy things there. Hopefully, the launch won't be cancelled due to weather tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having as much fun this summer as we are! School starts back in 4 weeks so the time is going fast!

3 comments:

  1. saw school supplies at Walmart today - ahhhhhh! It can't be that time already...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a lot of fun. it seems toooooo hot to do outside things here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo fun! Glad you're making the best of this summer!

    ReplyDelete