Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Fun

Yesterday, Emily and Eliana had their Christmas performance at church with their choirs. Eliana was an angel and Emily was a shepherd. They both did a great job of singing and helping tell the Christmas story!

AngelShepherd


That afternoon, we surprised them by taking them to pick out a tree at a local Christmas tree farm. It was 45 degrees outside so Sarah and I stayed in the van while the others ventured out into the cold. It took about an hour, but they eventually came back with a decent looking tree and red noses. They were excited and didn't complain about how cold it had been.

TreeFarm


We got it home and got all of the Christmas decorations down from the attic. A couple of hours later, all of the ornaments were on the tree. Most of them were around the bottom since Emily and Eliana hung the majority, but they were so proud of doing it themselves we left it alone. So far, Sarah has left it alone too, although I did find a hook on the chair in the kitchen today and wondered where it had come from. I didn't see an ornament missing one so I tossed it in the trash. The pine needles are going to drive me crazy. Everytime I turn around, there are more needles on the floor. I am constantly trying to keep them picked up. I guess I'm just going to have to resign myself to the fact that Sarah will probably be putting a pine needle into her mouth sometime this Christmas season. The smell of pine in the house though makes it all worth it.

DecoratedTree


I am now in the process of trying to figure out how to hang the stockings so that Sarah won't pull on them and cause those weighted stocking holder letters to fall on her head. I'm thinking I might have to get those hooks I've seen on the commercials that don't leave marks on the fireplace and save the weighted letters for next year. I hope everyone is enjoying this time of year as much as we are!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! The tree looks great! Emily and Eliana look good in their costumes! Good luck with the stockings- I'm still looking for something for ours.....

    ReplyDelete