She recently retired her tricycle and learned to ride a bike with training wheels. She was very excited and can't wait to ride well enough to bike on our family biking trips, instead of riding behind Daddy's bike.

Sarah went to the dentist for the first time last week. She was so excited...when she skipped into the office ahead of us, she cried, "WooHoo!" to the receptionist as she threw her arms above her head. :) Everything looks good with her teeth, thankfully! She wanted to use her new Dora toothbrush as soon as we got home.
As mentioned in the previous post, I took Sarah and Eliana to "Disney On Ice". She loved it!

She is doing really well in school still. She FINALLY got the hang of sounding out blends. Once she figured it out, she couldn't wait to show anyone she saw! Today, she started sounding out three-letter words, by sounding out a blend and then adding a letter to the end. We are right on schedule so far with the curriculum this year. In the past, I've gotten behind by this time. I've found that Sarah needs to do school work every weekday though in order for her not to get frustrated so I hope I can continue to stay on task. She still doesn't like to color much. Most of the time when there is a sheet that says, "Color the ____", she tells me that it says, "Do today or save for tomorrow." I don't push her to color. Most of the time, we save it and she works on it with Eliana in the afternoons.
Sarah had her first choir performance of the year in church. She was one of the few kids singing as it is a group of 3 to 5-year-olds and a lot of the kids were shy once they got up in front of the church. She loves singing though and loves making up hand motions to go with songs that she knows.

No comments:
Post a Comment